Sunday, May 3, 2009

When Writing About Me is Hard To Do

I read several blogs almost everyday and most of the time I am amazed how people are able to open up their life online.

I find it hard to write about me. Originally, this blog should serve that purpose. But my daily dilemma when I face the computer is- what do I write about?

Main reasons why I find it hard to write about me:

1. My life seems boring. Can't find anything interesting to write about. I spend about 10 hours a day at work. That's a family business so technically I'm with my family 24/7.
2. Some of my real friends know this blog so I can't really say what I want to say without worrying about spilling too much.
3. I write me in a third person. I mask my life stories into something not-so-me. My other blog reflects more about me.
4. I'm afraid of being judged. Too much. Even if about 80% who gets to read my blog don't know me at all, I feel people can see right through me and have a preconceived idea of me.
5. Clearly, I overthink.

5 comments:

  1. 1. I’m sure your life isn’t as boring as you say it is! I promise mine isn’t too exciting either…but I try to write about every day things…simple things.
    2. I know how you feel! I made the mistake of telling this guy I’m currently dating about it and now I’m afraid of saying the wrong stuff! Oops.
    3. *going to check out your other blog*
    4. Well the world will always be full of people who are so willing to judge you when they know nothing about your life. At my old blog I had a problem with that all the time, and people got so used to me writing about only the drama in my life that I felt like I couldn’t write about anything else…so it was time for a change.
    Maybe you should come over to wordpress… :wink wink: I’ll be there with open arms. :D
    5. Don’t we all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a tendency to OVERSHARE and share too much online. i wonder if it's a bad thing. but the 'anonymity' of being a semi-anonymous blogger helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ oregoncitygirl - Maybe you should come over to wordpress… :wink wink: I’ll be there with open arms. :D -thanks! i am really thinking about it. you inspire me to make the big switch! =) you'll be the first to know...

    @ floreta - yeah. im kinda torn if i want to be the anonymous blogger or the oversharing blogger. i dont think you overshare. i love your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there...I know just how you feel. There are times when I can't blog about everything I'd like to blog about because I have friends who read my blog and my mom reads it every now and then. Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me about it lol. Sometimes i want to write about certain issues i have with my friends but i can't! Btw, you wrote a very sweet blog about your mom so i don't think she'll mind ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by =)