Friday, April 10, 2009

Can You Keep A Secret?

I've read this book by Sophie Kinsella two weeks ago. You bet nobody could talk to me for 8 hours straight. For a moment my world was eaten alive by this book.

It was a fun read. Secrets were just a plain no-tell stuffs for me, never magnified nor were given much emphasis before this book (at least for me). It's funny how nonsense secrets can turn a person's world around by a mere outburst of emotions, not holding a single thing back.

I've always been a fan of easy-read, light novels. (That's why I can't seem to finish Persuasion by Jane Austen hehe.)

My everyday, harmless-to-spill secrets...

1. Looking at a stranger - I may be judging him for what he's wearing. I may be wondering, could he be The One. Or I may be saying, you could've at least combed your hair before stepping out of your house.

2. Spending my 8 working hours - I tire myself out sorting all the problems of the business. I stare blankly at the computer, wishing I were just writing instead. I dream of being employed somewhere else. Could I just vanish and transport myself into a world of my own making? (I'm not saying I wish to be a complete schizo huh.)

3. Before going to bed - Can I just call on sick tomorrow at work? I don't want to, but I have to brush my teeth! Would God understand if I skip the bible and just say a quick prayer?

4. Wanting to buy a good pair of shoes - Eyes all wide at the price tag and proudly say, "Oh well, it's really not that beautiful." *Heart breaking*

5. Walking in the mall - Are they staring? (But actually I've learned people don't stare at others because they are way too busy thinking if people are staring at them too!)

We all have secrets. Some are as petty as my harmless-to-spill, but it is so unimaginable if our most precious secrets were spilled out uncontrollably! In my case, I would be in an immensely shameful situation! My dad giving me a full day lecture for not being the perfect boss, people staring and having to read my mind, friends laughing at my expense! Oh dear...

3 comments:

  1. ahhh i can't read jane austen either. haha. not into english lit. :) thank you for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 really speaks to me. I'm that way too. Every night before I sleep I always think of calling in sick the next day. hahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. floreta - i'm just so trying jane austen. took me a month or so to finish pride and prejudice. haha

    mel - i'm glad i'm not the only one who has dark plans about coming to work ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by =)